It may be cold outside, but winter needn’t be the unhealthiest time of year for you and your family. Here are five ways to make sure that, even when your body is telling you to hibernate, you can keep healthy and fit, no matter what the weather’s like.
- Stay active: we know we need to exercise, but it is hard to stay motivated during the colder winter months. Try indoor activities such as Body Dynamix or yoga that won’t leave you out in the cold. A Hot Stone or Aromatherapy massage is a perfect way to warm up tense muscles and is also relaxing at the same time.
- Get outdoors: sunlight helps our bodies produce Vitamin D that is vital for calcium absorption. Try visiting outdoor markets or a walk along the beach when the weather allows.
- Rest up: Regular sleep is vital to staying healthy. Don’t let yourself get run down. Those who aren’t well rested are more likely to get sick.
- Eat more fruit & vegetables: we need extra vitamins and minerals during winter to help our bodies fight infections, so make sure you stock up on those greens. Soups, broths and stews are delicious and can be packed full of veggies.
- Stay protected: ensure your family is protected from nasty bugs and viruses. Our Advanced Repair Tissue Oil and Body Butter is a great alternative and infused with essential oils that are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
MASSAGE TO WELLNESS TEAM