A massage is one of the most effective ways to reduce stress. While generally all massages help with stress release, muscle tension and recovery – here at Massage To Wellness we offer various types of massage therapies so you’ll never be short of options in choosing the massage that is right for you. Don’t worry, our friendly and experienced therapists will help and guide you in finding the perfect massage therapy for your individual needs.
Some interesting facts on how massage helps deal with stress:
- Healthy touch of any kind can reduce the heart rate and lower blood pressure
- Touch and massage stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers
- During a massage the body instantly gets relaxed and stress levels are reduced; the same effect as 7 to 8 hours of good sleep
- Massage increases circulation, which removes waste products and brings in healing nutrients
- As with exercise, massage has the greatest benefit when you receive it regularly
- Research indicates massage therapy can boost immunity and reduce hypertension
- Here at Massage To Wellness our therapists like to chat – and more often than not just having someone to talk to also helps to deal with stress.