21 June is the Winter Equinox and marks the halfway point for the year. It is not unusual to feel those ‘mid-year blues’; here is our 5 easy ways in how you can recharge during this period and stay energized for the rest of the year.
- Take a break: with the school holidays starting soon, a family vacation is a great way to recharge. For those that are unable to afford or have the time to go away, mini breaks are a great way to recoup. Something as simple as a massage or a facial is small and inexpensive way of having a bit of ‘me time’ – why not try our power 45 minute hot stone or back, neck & shoulders massage?
- Stay on top of your health: flu’s and colds are on the rise so ensure you and your family are protected from nasty bugs and viruses. Our Advanced Repair Tissue Oil and Body Butter is a great alternative and infused with essential oils that are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
- Find a social support network: create a group of people around you that want to help you succeed. Friends and family are usually a good start, but sometimes it helps to go out and meet new like-minded people for a fresh perspective. Something as simple as joining an exercise class such a Body Dynamix is a great way to stay healthy and network at the same time.
- Acknowledge your accomplishments: celebrate how far you have come this year and acknowledge what you actually have achieved rather than dwelling what you haven’t achieved. Reward yourself every time you achieve a goal by doing something you enjoy – you deserve it! A massage (10% off massage packages this month), beauty product or a beauty pamper are great rewards that won’t break the bank.
- Reset the goal posts: decide on your health and wellness goals for the rest of the year and break down your ultimate goal into smaller goals and by achieving the smaller goals the bigger goal will not seem so difficult to achieve in the end. Every task you complete brings you closer to the ultimate goal and acknowledging these smaller goals always feels good and will keep you motivated to achieve other goals.
Yours in health,