All massage therapies assists the body to detox by helping flush out toxins trapped in the muscles, but a lymph drainage massage specifically focuses on stimulating the lymphatic system with gentle massaging strokes. The light rhythmical massage encourages the lymphatic system to eliminate metabolic waste products, excess fluid and bacteria.
The lymph system is part of your body’s immune system and helps fight infection. Lymph itself is a clear, slightly yellow fluid. It transports nutrients and oxygen to cells, collecting toxins on the way and flushing them out through the lymph nodes. You have around twice as many lymph vessels as blood vessels in your body. However, unlike blood, which is pumped around by your heart, the lymph system has no pump. The pressure from your blood vessels and movement from your muscles push the lymphatic fluid around.
Lymph drainage massage can have a beneficial effect on your general health. Because lymph is key to keeping your immune system working properly, improving the flow and drainage of lymph around the body is good for you in lots of ways.
Here are 7 amazing detoxing benefits of a Lymph Drainage massage:
- Clearing areas of congestion and water retention such as swollen ankles, puffy eyes and swollen leg
- Promotion of scar tissue healing, torn ligaments and sprains
- Boost weight loss, as improving the lymphatic system will improve your metabolic rate, which helps you burn calories more efficiently
- Post-operative healing and swelling relief following plastic surgery
- Treatment of lymphedema and other conditions arising from venous insufficiency
- Improving chronic conditions such as sinusitis, arthritis, acne and other skin conditions
- Good for relaxation and de-stressing
Always tell your therapist in advance if you are, or think you might be, pregnant, have any medical conditions or are receiving any treatment or medication, have recently had an operation, or are allergic to anything.
Book your Lymph Drainage massage today!
THE MASSAGE TO WELLNESS TEAM