While it is officially start of spring, we still have a couple of weeks left of the winter season, the dreaded ‘silly season’. It is very normal to feel tired and drained after the long sombre winter months, but now is a great time for some mental and physical spring cleaning! Spring is a time for revitalizing the body and mind, and here are 5 great tips to help you spring into action:
1. Shift your spring thinking: The start of the spring season especially brings forth new weight loss and diet resolutions. It seems everyone is working hard to “get in shape/look good for summer”. These goals have a negative connotation towards them and focus on the aesthetic part of wellness instead of the real HEART of it. Wellness isn’t just about how you look; it’s about how you feel; to have a positive and happy mindset. So make sure you a spring goals empowers and motivates you and that in turn will turn in to positive actions and achievements.
2. Start: as the saying goes ‘a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step’; so just jump in and start. Join a Pilates class, go for a facial or massage; do anything that will help you towards you wellness goals and worry about the finer details later.
3. One step at a time: sometimes our goals could be very daunting and it is easy to get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Rather break up your goals into smaller manageable and achievable chunks. Once you have mastered the first step, you move onto the next step and so forth.
4. Keep moving: so you have a bad day; you overindulged on the weekend – that is normal, we are human after all. But it is important to keep you momentum going, don’t let a bad day turn into two or three.
5. Enjoy the journey: it is important to have goals and work towards them; but don’t let the goal be the end-all. Wellness is a lifestyle that needs to be enjoyed every day. So maybe you didn’t reach the perfect weight by summer, but you have invested in healthy lifestyle habits that you enjoy and empower you.
Our spring massage package promotion is a great tool to help you spring into action. Find out more here.
We are here to assist you on your wellness journey!
Yours in health,
THE MASSAGE TO WELLNESS TEAM